March 04, 2008

Superficial

I'm generally in favour of the careless school of beauty -- ie, get up, wash face, check that hair doesn't need to be brushed, get dressed and that's it. I'm definitely against spending hours in front of the mirror doing my hair, makeup, jewellery, choosing an outfit and the rest of it.

Benefits to careless beauty:

1. More time in the mornings to snuggle in the warm cocoon that is my bed;
2. Less money spent on superfluous makeup, jewellery and clothes means more money for travel and yummy food;
3. Given my normal, slightly dishevelled appearance, if ever I do decide to get dressed up (it happens about three times a year) the end result is a knockout.

However, given the general standard of stylishness I see on the streets of France, I think I'm in the wrong country for promoting this world view -- even the children wear matching outfits and accessories! Baptiste has three times as many clothes as I do, despite being ten times younger.

Labels: