Nice and Monaco
Spent the weekend over in Nice with a friend who was visiting. Photos to come, hopefully, because although I didn't take any (well, I took one, see below) he took quite a few.

So, my singular photo! It's the Russian Cathedral in Nice. Probably the most interesting thing I saw there, architecturally, not that the rest of the city is ugly! In fact, it's quite picturesque, particularly old Nice, which is weathered in a good natured kind of way -- my favourite type of weathering.
Seeing as we were there for a couple of days, we took the bus to Monaco, which was... interesting. Actually, as immaculate and beautiful everything was, I found it to be too clean and pretty -- I suppose when you have money coming out of your arse you can afford to have every blade of grass made in place -- hell, even the footpath was clean, as if it had been newly laid only minutes before we arrived! I'm inherently distrustful of the impossibly perfect; I think it's symptomatic of an inability to see life (in all it's sticky, stinky glory) realistically.
Labels: Travel


<< Home