March 02, 2008

The Everyday

Well, it's got to happen at some time, doesn't it? In fact, I think it happens every day. After all, life's not all globe trotting, meeting exotic people in foreign places and obnoxious photo taking, it's also doing the dishes, bickering about who should take out the rubbish bin and clipping toe nails.

So I find myself in a relatively slow patch of life at the moment, where, not only are interesting things not happening around me, but they're not happening inside my head either. I think the most interesting thing I've thought about in the last week or so is, "I wonder what the neighbours are going to plant in their garden now that they've finished turning over the soil?" Hardly worthy of Immanuel Kant, or if I was feeling a bit more humourously inclined, Oscar Wilde.

It's a bit of a relief, actually, kind of like getting into your warm comfy bed after a night (and far too much of the morning) out on the piss. And, I think, at least internally if not also externally, there's been far too many nights out on the piss (metaphorically) and not nearly enough warm, comfy bed, so I'm taking my recent and incredible boringness as a good sign. Although, it's probably a bad sign that I can still blather on about it for three paragraphs, heheh...

So, there you have it.

Labels: