Schematics vs Impressionism
Images courtesy of http://www.b737.org.uk and http://marksquires.com
A simple and straightforward person thinks thusly: If I'm hungry, I eat; if I'm angry about something, I try to resolve the problem; if I want something, I go get it.
Complex people (there are infinitely more of these) think in mad, crazy zig zags with loop-the-loops and a triple-change-double-three-backwards-serpentine, something about well I feel like eating but what, and should I really, after all I had that extra bagel at lunch yesterday and I feel like a blimp -- it's probably that time of the month, am I late? -- and for God's sake Mark didn't help matters when he made that crack about horizontal stripes, how dare he, I paid $79.95 on sale for this top and it's a Gucci!
And yet, for all their annoying, unpredictable irrationalities, I think the complex people of the world are more beloved (by other complex people, naturally, but beloved all the same). Life is definitely more difficult and frustrating with complex people, or as I like to call them the Insane. But they're more accessible to the general public (I guess, most of whom are also of the Insane). It's like the difference between a schematic diagram and a piece of Impressionist art.
Which one, more often than not, do we find beauty and meaning in? The one based on logical principles and designed for a specific purpose; or the slightly blurry doodad that you'd never get a theory out of and never in a million years reproduce exactly from scratch? In the end, I think maybe we're all of the Insane...
Labels: Miscellaneous


<< Home