Utopia

Artwork: Luc Schuiten
http://www.mundaneum.be/
This was an exhibition I saw in Mons, Belgium the other day, dealing with the origins, history, current trends and possible future paths of designing utopian cities. What particularly appealed to me was the exhibition was a melange of subjects I'm interested in -- science-fiction/fantasy, architecture, design, art, history, social commentary and so on. In fact, the only reason I went to Mons in the first place was to check this out. It took me an hour to get there, I had an hour and fifteen minutes to find the exhibition hall and look around then I had to cane it back to Brussels in order to make my train to Barcelona via Paris. I made it back with three minutes to spare, but it was worth it -- this was one of the most interesting things I've done so far.
One might be able to design a utopian city, but what about a utopian citizen?
Labels: Miscellaneous, Travel


<< Home