May 25, 2007

Musing

So it's been all nomad and no artist lately and I'm okay with that. I don't think I've done anything artistic at all for the last ... very long time. Two days ago I bought a sketch book and have been haunting the prettier buildings of Prague with a pencil in hand, but it's purely a technical exercise and a way of passing time, no creativity whatsoever required. And I'm okay with that.

I'm wondering if I'm developing enough of a sense of [insert noun here: humility? perspective? mindfulness?] to lead an unremarkable life and at the end of it slip into oblivion without leaving a trace in the world. To do great deeds and have others praise you for it, or to do great deeds and have others know of it, or even to do great deeds and have no one know of it but to praise yourself for it, somehow smacks of hubris at the moment.

Labels: