London
What can one say, using the Queen's English of course, about London?
London is a big city, with lots of people and events going on. It has a certain, soulless charm. Not my most favourite city ever, but certainly very easy to see how a person could let themselves get lost in the crowd and unthinkingly like it.
So far the best thing about London has been catching up with Bec, Gav and Briony of Willo fame and meeting Ash's friend Mel.
Other than that, it's been the usual touristic faff -- Hyde Park, Kensington Park, the Thames (I appear to have chosen to visit Britain during the one stretch of good weather it will experience this millenium), the National History Museum (the dinorsaur bones were great, but having read Bill Bryson's a Brief History of Everything, I spent the entire time in the dinosaur gallery wondering which ones were fakes), London Tower and Bridge, the new Monty Python musical and an arvo in the pub. Today it's the Tate Gallery, Millenium Bridge, St Paul's Cathedral and hopefully a curry for dinner.
I've had a sore throat for the past few dys and noticed this morning that everyone else in the household is coughing or feeling poorly too (am I causal or symptomatic?) Woe woe woe for being sick on holiday!
Labels: Travel


<< Home