April 09, 2007

Rome



Last time I was in Rome, it was for 3 hours and I had just enough time to walk to the Colosseum, Trevi Fountain and the Parthenon before my train left. This time I had 5 hours and it was just enough time to visit parts of the Vatican City and Castell Sant'Angelo. In hindsight, planning to do this on Easter Saturday was not my best strategic move ever. There was a 45 minute wait to get into St Peter's Basilica (just to get in and be checked by security -- then you had to wait again to visit the tombs and the cupola. But, evil mastermind that I am, I visited the tombs first because the line was shorter and then got into the cupola without waiting because I followed a nun in through the cupola exit. Mwhahah!) The line to get into the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel was INSANE. It snaked right around the Vatican city walls for about a kilometre. Sorry Michelangelo. You just aren't worth the wait.

Labels: