Prague

She glitters like a candle on fire and the sunlight is golden on the buildings through the entirety of the day. If there's hype (and there is) Prague lives up to it and then keeps on going.
It's been a bit of a blitz of sightseeing since arriving last week, with the Old and New Towns, castles, forts, gardens, galleries and landmarks (there is a miniature version of the Eiffel Tower in Prague. Why?). Best in show so far has been climing up Řip Hill, great views and also I got to make an ass of myself by standing at the top and declaiming, "This is the land of milk and honey. We shall go forth into the valley and there the mighty Czech peoples will grow and prosper!" (apparently this actually happened somewhere in the mists of Czech history, except that it wasn't a small Chinese girl declaiming but rather their leader, who was taller and had an impressive beard.Probably.) I've even managed to spend an afternoon at a dance competition (Strictly Ballroom, much?) and have somehow foolishly promised to consume a beer for the sake of **truly** experiencing Czech culture (I hate beer).
I'm here for another five or so days before shipping out and plunging into the Eurail experience in earnestness, and with Mirek and Karel looking after me I'm sure I'll continue having a blast. Ah, the company of the boys, what can I say? I haven't laughed so hard or at such deliciously crude jokes since the glory days with Zak and the Dirty Talk Juggernaut.
Labels: Travel


<< Home