June 01, 2008

Si Clark

Feeling slightly despondent about the level of consumerism in modern society today, mostly because Baptiste's parents have rearranged their room for the 3rd time since I've been here, adding new rugs, ornaments and throws to the (still new from the last change) new bed, armchair and lamps. There are two gigantic bags of stuff to be thrown away or stored in the already tightly packed storage space in the garage. And also because during lunch I was flicking through an IKEA catalogue.

So I went trawling through the internet for some statistics or studies about consumerism, thinking that knowledge might make me feel a bit better. It didn't.

But I did come across some pretty cool illustrations by a guy called Si Clark. Kind of freaky, yes, but also kind of cool, and reminds me for some reason of Invader Zim.

Images courtesy of www.artshole.co.uk/siclark.htm.

Labels: ,