Saying Goodbye

I fucking love Australia, from the bush, to the beach, to the city, and I fucking love WA and Perth. Last time I left I was all overwhelmed with excitement of travelling and fairly ran off without looking back. This time, the leaving the leaving is much more measured and drawn out; I know what to expect in front of me and, not being blinded by the ideal of life as a nomad, I'm able to see what's behind me.

Don't get me wrong, I still want to leave, and there's a plane ticket with my name on it that will ensure I will, but this leaving is different to any leaving I've ever done, different to leaving school and university, leaving home, leaving relationships. You are alone, saying goodbye to the people and places you love in your mind, and you could weep or you could smile. But you do neither and the road lies ahead of you.

Good bye, Perth.
Labels: Travel


<< Home