Nausea
When you get that vomity feeling ... sometimes it's bad seafood and sometimes it's because something important to you is going on and you don't want to fail.
The exhibition is important to me. The logic of my brain runs a little like this:
1. You made the art and wrote the accompanying text
2. You have organised the event
3. You have done all the administration
4. You have promoted the event
5. You have overseen production of merchandise in addition to art works
6. You have prepared the gallery space and displayed the work
7. All that is left is for people to show up
8. You don't control the actions or opinions of other people
9a. The value of all art is subjective to some degree
9b. Photo of Jesus in Urine guy, case in point
10. Therefore worrying is an unnecessary feeling of bad feelings
And yet still the worry persists. I've invested a lot of time, effort and money into this little project and I'm not exactly sure on what basis I'm judging success or failure, but I desperately don't want to fail or to regret having done this.
Omniscience would be great right about now, and for the next 2 or so weeks, to see if my work is savoured by any strangers. Alternatively, if some art aficionado came to the show, loved it and bought all my art, that would also be acceptable.
Labels: Miscellaneous


<< Home