On The Road Again ... And Again ...

My cousin and I have been driving due north for the last two days and finally reached our destination: Coral Bay!! We celebrated our first night in Coral Bay with a sumptuous sea food platter -- possibly the best sea food platter I've ever had (best in a field of two). I'm justifying this extremely expensive meal with the fact that we totally deserved a reward after various traumas including:
1. Getting our original car on the road (or not) and renting one
2. Finally setting off at midday from Perth and braving the intense heat of the day
3. Getting really hungry and eating dinner on the first night sitting in the red dirt by the road side just out of Kalbarri with the wind blowing our picnic blanket and food in our faces
4. Arriving in Kalbarri just ten minutes too late to check into the backpackers hostel and
5. Spending the night sleeping in the car instead
But we're here now and all is well as we are flanked by crystal waters and golden sands! Did some snorkelling and wild life spotting today and sporting a most uncool wetsuit tan line ... I'm a happy traveller!

Labels: Travel


<< Home