Dirty Thirty
Well, apparently I've just well and truly celebrated the end of my childhood [birth to 10], adolescence [10 - 20] and my second/extended adolescence [the twenties]...
It would seem more momentous if I actually felt any different, but I don't really.
It's the same old story, isn't it -- you feel more or less like you all along, that is, until you compare yourself to yourself 10 years ago and do a gigantic double take at how all the tiny changes you never noticed add up to something a bit more significant.
Although I'm at the same time wary of anyone who acted like an idiot for 29 years and then suddenly puts on the maturity show just because of a birthday, or having a kid, or getting married or whatever. Anyone claiming to be an adult is still just pretending, in my book!
[This sort of attitude is probably why I still feel as immature as ever...]
Labels: Real World


<< Home