Catching up
Well it's a beautiful, sunny autumn day! I've retained enough of my upbringing in Australia, where the trees aren't deciduous, to have an inane pleasure at seeing bright yellow and red leaves, and to feel idiotically happy to hear them crunching under my feet as I walk (or making that cool swishing noise as you run through a really big pile of them!!). This was taken at a park about 15 minutes away from where I live -- there are stacks of people out playing frisbee, rollerblading, cycling or just taking the kids out, because up until this weekend we've had some pretty miserable weather!

So I recently got the following photos from Mirek, which is why they're appearing now, all in a bunch. Really, I have been doing stuff for the last 2 months, I just haven't had any photographic evidence!
So what have I been up to? Well...
Picking berries. Note the basket. Very Red Riding Hood Chic.
Visiting the botanic gardens (but obviously more interested in the butterflies there).
Going to various castles.
Hiking up some hill where once was a thriving Celtic civilisation... and now all that's left are lots of rocks. That people have stacked, for some obscure reason.
Stacked some rocks of my own.
Gotten to the top of the hill...
...and then been grumpy all the way down because I was tired. I blame having a full time job -- I've climbed taller hills than that, climbed back down and then spent the rest of the day full of beans. Accursed work!
Labels: Real World


<< Home