Ennui
Ok so I'm more or less over this semi-holiday deal here in Garéoult. The weather right now is chilly and windy, which means it's not particularly pleasant to go outside, but staying indoors for hours on end is starting to drive me a little crazy. The baby has been pretty badly behaved whilst he's been here -- not listening to instructions, throwing tantrums and generally taking advantage of the fact his grandparents don't really follow up on his naughtiness. I'm tired of watching him ignore what they say to him, tired of hearing his grandmother raise her voice ineffectually, tired of watching his grandfather play with him when he's good but do nothing when he's not, tired of being the one sending him to the naughty corner if he misbehaves.
Is there something inherently defunct in a language that doesn't distinguish between boredom and annoyance? It's a small, miniscule, in fact consolation that in this situation, I'm experiencing both.
Labels: Miscellaneous


<< Home