Clay
I got to do some work in clay today. It's smooth and soft and wet and when you run your hands along it, it's so sensuous, like flesh.
We are supposed to be making a basic figure to use when making a plaster cast for concrete. I got sidetracked by making a woman's head, stroking her shoulders, forming her breasts and buttocks. But it was impractical as a start for a concrete mold -- too detailed and the wrong sort of shape.
I ended up with something much simpler (though not nearly as enjoyable to make). I think on one side it looks like someone kneeling and looking down and from the other someone standing and looking up -- economical, two for the price of one. After we make the plaster cast and pour the concrete, the idea is that we paint faces etc on it and put it out in the garden, I suppose.


Labels: Art


<< Home