Sunrise
I am not a morning person. Mornings generally find me snugged up in bed trying to steal a few more minutes of sleep or meandering around sourly like a zombie. Except for yesterday, when I woke up inexplicably at 5:30am and could not for the life of me get back to sleep. After a futile hour of nonsleep, I decided the very least I could do with my wakefulness is watch the sunrise from the Hermitage Saint Ferréol, which is high on a hill just outside of Lorgues.
Imagine my chagrin, after walking out of town and then making my way up the rocky hillside, to find that the sun was rising just as I arrived but some freaking trees were in the way!! On top of that, after seeing the sky lighten considerably but no flaming ball of gas emerge over the horizon, I walked back down the long way (it took me two hours to go up and back) and was shattered for the rest of the day from no sleep and too much exercise...

Image courtesy of www.flickr.com
Labels: Miscellaneous


<< Home