Excerpt - Print Making
Been spending a lot of time down at the printer's lately because I'm making a set of limited edition prints of 5 of the works I'll be exhibiting. The prints are a limited edition run of 10 and can be purchased framed, blockmounted or unframed from the exhibition venue and eventually online after the opening night -- probably via the path of least resistance ie: ebay. Printing is a whole, new, dusty and slightly odd smelling world: paper stock, its thickness and gloss, laminating, block mounting, framing ... and don't even get me started about the wrongness of being charged $5.00 just for the privelege of bringing your artwork in on a thumb drive as a Photoshop file (the alternatives are being charged $3.00 for a PDF, which is of less resolution and will give a lower quality print, or bringing in the orginal piece and having the in-house graphic design artist put it on their system -- I didn't even bother asking how expensive that was going to be) But the learning curve has been navigated and I even put my indicator on 30m before gearing down to 2nd and making the turn -- success!!
Labels: Miscellaneous


<< Home